High speed rail: investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report addendum
Addendum report providing a summary of 413 responses mistakenly excluded from the initial analysis.
PDF, 554KB, 38 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
On 10 January 2012 the government announced its decision to develop a new national high speed rail network following the completion of a major public consultation. On 29 May, the consultation responses were published online. We then discovered that a small number of responses (407 out of 55,322 responses) had unintentionally not been forwarded to Dialogue by Design for inclusion in their response assessment process. In addition, a further 6 responses had been incorrectly marked as duplicates by Dialogue by Design.
This addendum report is a supplementary analysis of all the affected consultation responses which was commissioned from Dialogue by Design. The report concludes that these 413 responses do not provide any information that was not already included in the previous ‘Consultation summary report’ or would have made a difference to the substantive content or balance of that report. Therefore, their inclusion in Dialogue by Design’s original review of responses would not have substantially changed its findings nor affected the considerations which informed the decisions following consultation.
The Secretary of State for Transport issued a statement to Parliament about this on 17 July 2012 and we have contacted all those who submitted a response affected by the processing error. The consultation summary report and the addendum report each include a list of participating organisations at appendix 2 and appendix 1 respectively. Individual respondents are not listed.
- High Speed 2: Phase 1 consultation update, written ministerial statement by Secretary of State for Transport, 17 July 2012
- High speed rail: investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report
- High speed rail, Investing in Britain’s future consultation summary report addendum 2
- High Speed Rail: Phase 1 consultation update, written statement by Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - the government’s decisions
- High speed rail: Investing in Britain’s future - decisions and next steps
- Review of the government’s strategy for a national high speed rail network
- High speed rail strategic alternatives study: Update following consultation
- Review of strategic alternatives to High Speed Two
- Economic case for HS2: Updated appraisal of transport user benefits and wider economic benefits
- Economic case for HS2: Value for money statement
- Review of the technical specification for high speed rail in the UK
- Review of possible refinements to the proposed HS2 London to West Midlands route
- Summary of effects of HS2 London to West Midlands route refinements
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands route selection and speed
- Review of HS2 London to West Midlands appraisal of sustainability
- Review of property issues
- HS2 revised line of route maps
- Do you think you are affected by the HS2 route?