Documents include template letters, posters and guidance to help NHS trusts manage overseas visitors and migrant charging.
PDF, 153KB, 10 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 118KB
MS Word Document, 48.5KB
MS Word Document, 80.5KB
MS Word Document, 65.5KB
PDF, 105KB, 8 pages
PDF, 1.52MB, 2 pages
PDF, 343KB, 6 pages
PDF, 1.57MB, 1 page
PDF, 26.9KB, 1 page
PDF, 180KB, 3 pages
PDF, 57.2KB, 1 page
PDF, 148KB, 1 page
PDF, 163KB, 1 page
The guidance for NHS staff working in primary care in England providing healthcare for overseas visitors from the European Economic Area (EEA) explains how the cost can be reclaimed from their country of residence and what primary care staff can do to support hospitals in recovering costs from these visitors.
These documents have been developed with and tested by overseas visitor managers to help the NHS recover the costs of healthcare from visitors and migrants.
The documents available will continue to grow and adapt to provider and patient needs.
Published: 22 August 2014
Updated: 9 October 2017
- Updated 'advice to doctors and dentists' example letter.
- Updated with the latest immigration information request form.
- New guidance for primary care staff providing healthcare to overseas visitors from European Economic Areas.
- New templates to be used from 6 April 2016, following updates to 'Overseas chargeable patients, NHS debt and immigration rules: guidance on administration and data sharing'
- Updated to include Guide to EHIC incentive scheme document.
- First published.