Immediate and long term health effects of explosions and exposure to chemicals that occur during an explosion or fire.
This guidance includes:
- Health Protection Agency 2005 briefings on the health effects of exposure to products of combustion
- guidance on perforated ear drum injuries following blast exposure
- guidance on blast lung injuries prepared by the US CDC
- US CDC Emergency Response website pages on mass casualties
- low risk of long term effects of acute exposure to chemicals from archived HPA website
- post exposure prophylaxis against hepatitis B for bomb victims and immediate care providers, and consideration of other bloodborne viruses from archived HPA website