An assessment on whether the Health and Social Care Act 2012 met its objectives.
The Act falls into 12 parts and is mostly concerned with the NHS in England:
- Part 1: The Health Service in England
- Part 2: Further Provision about Public Health
- Part 3: Regulation of Health and Adult Social Care Services
- Part 4: NHS Foundation Trusts & NHS Trusts
- Part 5: Public Involvement and Local Government
- Part 6: Primary Care Services
- Part 7: Regulation of Health and Social Care Workers
- Part 8: The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Part 9: Health and Adult Social Care Services: Information
- Part 10: Abolition of Certain Public Bodies
- Part 11: Miscellaneous
- Part 12: Final Provisions
The overall assessment was the Act had achieved most of its objectives, in particular by putting in place new structures for the NHS in England.