Harbour closure and pilotage function removal orders guidance
Guidance on the processes for harbour closure and pilotage function removal orders.
PDF, 258KB, 23 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Guidance describing how processes for harbour closure orders and pilotage function removal orders will be implemented at:
- harbours in England
- non-fishery harbours in Wales
The document includes:
- statutory guidance on the circumstances in which a harbour closure order will be made under section 17A of the 1964 act
- non-statutory guidance on the process used when applying for a pilotage function removal order under section 1(4A) of the 1987 act
Processes allowing bodies to revoke a harbour authority’s status as a:
- statutory harbour authority
- competent harbour authority
were originally made in the Marine Navigation Act 2013:
- section 1: power to remove harbour authorities’ pilotage function
- section 6: harbour closure orders