Handbook for sickle cell and thalassaemia screening
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Sickle cell and thalassaemia screening: commission and provide
- First published:
- 1 January 2012
Guidance for health care professionals covering the whole pathway for sickle cell and thalassaemia screening.
PDF, 3.04MB, 28 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This handbook explains the linked antenatal and newborn screening programme for sickle cell and thalassaemia.
- an explanation of why the NHS offers screening for these conditions
- a brief description of what screening involves
- flow charts describing the antenatal and newborn screening pathways
- brief background about the conditions and their prevalence
- information about training and resources
Published: 1 January 2012