This guide provides structure and sets expectations for major project teams when undertaking benefits management.
- activities to be undertaken for effective benefits management
- principles and good practice to adopt to ensure benefits are managed and realised
- how benefits management fits within IPA’s (Infrastructure and Projects Authority) assurance process
- how benefits management fits within the Green Book Business Case process
- roles involved in benefits management
- a glossary of terms
- suggested benefits management cycle and practices
This guide aligns with the Government Functional Project Delivery Standard and Assurance of Benefits Realisation in Major Projects guidance.
It was developed by the IPA in consultation with members of the Project Delivery Profession and Benefits Leads from other government departments.