Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Guidance to the 'General Conditions of Recognition'
Guidance to help you comply with the 'General Conditions of Recognition'.
This guidance is intended to help you understand how to comply with the General Conditions of Recognition and the associated requirements. These apply to all awarding organisations and all regulated qualifications.
All awarding organisations have a legal obligation under section 153 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 to have regard to this guidance.
July 2016 update
We last updated our guidance in July 2016, following a consultation on additional new guidance.
The new guidance introduced in this update, which comes into force on 15 July 2016, covers:
- A5 – Availability of adequate resources and arrangements
- B3 – Notification to Ofqual of certain events
- C2 – Arrangements with Centres
- D3 – Reviewing approach
- D7 – Management of the withdrawal of qualifications
- E3 – Publication of a qualification specification
- E5 – Assurance that qualifications comply with the conditions
- G1 – Setting the assessment
- G3 – Use of language and Stimulus Materials
- G6 – Arrangements for Reasonable Adjustments
- G7 – Arrangements for Special Consideration
- G8 – Completion of the assessment under the required conditions
- G9 – Delivering the assessment
- guidance for what an awarding organisation should do where it discovers that it has issued an incorrect result