Actions UK government departments and their agencies will take to reduce their impacts on the environment in the period 2016 to 2020.
The Greening Government Commitments set out the actions UK government departments and their agencies will take to reduce their impacts on the environment in the period 2016 to 2020.
They set out targets for UK government departments and their agencies to:
- reduce their greenhouse gas emissions
- send less waste to landfill and reduce the overall amount of waste they produce
- reduce water consumption
They also set out commitments for departments to
- improve sustainable procurement
- report transparently on key sustainability issues
They supersede the Greening Government Commitments for 2011 to 2015.
We have also published an overview of the reporting requirements for central government departments and their agencies.
We publish annual reports on performance against the Greening Government Commitments.
Published: 14 December 2016
Updated: 23 January 2017
- An updated version of the reporting requirements document has been published.
- First published.