Apply for road haulage permits for some non-EU countries

Apply for a road haulage permits to travel to or through some non-EU countries who have a bilateral agreement with the UK.


Application for bilateral road haulage permits for some non-EU countries

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to apply for a bilateral road haulage permit for some non-EU countries the UK has agreements with. The permit allows you to travel to or through those countries, which are:

  • Belarus
  • Georgia
  • Kazakhstan
  • Morocco
  • Russia
  • Serbia
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey (you only need a permit for journeys to or through Turkey when you’re continuing on to a third country)
  • Ukraine

You must apply at least 5 working days before you expect to start the journey and pay any fees involved. The form tells you what the fees are.

Send your application to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) International Road Freight Office.

DVSA International Road Freight Office
Hillcrest House
386 Harehills Lane

Published 11 January 2013
Last updated 13 September 2018 + show all updates
  1. Updated with the 2018 version of the application form.
  2. Updated general quota application form: bilateral road haulage permits.
  3. The 2016 version of the form has been published.
  4. First published.