On the basis of this report the Department for Transport will join forces with:
- the general aviation (GA) community
- the Civil Aviation Authority
- colleagues across government
to produce a comprehensive GA strategy.
We have also made commitments to:
- support the delivery of the European Aviation Safety Agency’s (EASA) general aviation road map, including consideration of amendments to the EASA basic
- work with EASA and the US Federal Aviation Administration to gain support for the principle of mutual recognition of manufacturing standards
- consider how to simplify legislation for GA users crossing borders
- launch a comprehensive review of the all sections of the Air Navigation Order affecting general aviation.