General Aviation Red Tape Challenge Panel report: government response
Response to the issues raised by the General Aviation Challenge Panel and the recommendations of its final report (May 2014).
PDF, 413KB, 56 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
On the basis of this report the Department for Transport will join forces with:
- the general aviation (GA) community
- the Civil Aviation Authority
- colleagues across government
to produce a comprehensive GA strategy.
We have also made commitments to:
- support the delivery of the European Aviation Safety Agency’s (EASA) general aviation road map, including consideration of amendments to the EASA basic regulation
- work with EASA and the US Federal Aviation Administration to gain support for the principle of mutual recognition of manufacturing standards
- consider how to simplify legislation for GA users crossing borders
- launch a comprehensive review of the all sections of the Air Navigation Order affecting general aviation.
Related general aviation documents
- Government response to General Aviation Challenge Panel recomendations ministerial statement 14 October 2014
- General Aviation Challenge Panel: final report, 29 May 2014
- General Aviation Challenge Panel interim report: ministers’ response, 3 February 2014
- General Aviation Challenge Panel: interim report, 30 January 2014
- Government response to General Aviation Red Tape Challenge, 6 November 2013