Government and Ofgem are conducting a joint review of the current retail market design.
The review will:
- identify ways for consumers to benefit from the transition to a smarter, more flexible energy system
- ensure appropriate protections once the energy price cap is no longer in place
- enable more innovation and new business models to enter the market
- provide more opportunities for consumers to benefit, such as ways to sell their excess energy or trade it with their neighbours
Throughout the review we will be seeking views from:
- the energy industry
- consumer protection groups
We will make further documents relating to the review available here.