Register to claim Fuel Duty relief

Use the online service or postal form HO80 to register to claim Fuel Duty relief.


Register online (sign in using Government Gateway)

Register by post


To register to claim Fuel Duty relief when you sell unleaded petrol and diesel as road fuel, and you’re eligible for relief you can either:

  • use the online service
  • fill in the form on-screen, print and post it to HMRC

To register, you need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID you can create one when you register.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Before you start using the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, such as Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Published 25 April 2014
Last updated 16 May 2016 + show all updates
  1. A new online form service is available.

  2. First published.