Claim Fuel Duty Relief

Use the online service or print and post form HO81 to submit your monthly claim for Fuel Duty Relief.


Claim online (sign in using Government Gateway)

Claim by post

Notes to help you fill in the form HO81


For retailers selling unleaded petrol and diesel as road fuel, and eligible to claim relief, you can either:

  • use the online service
  • fill in the print and post form and send to HMRC

To use the online service, you’ll need the Government Gateway user ID and password you used when you registered for Fuel Duty Relief.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Before you start using the print and post form

If you’re using an older browser, such as Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the print and post form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Register to claim Fuel Duty Relief
Use the online service or postal form HO80 to register to claim Fuel Duty relief.

Published 25 April 2014
Last updated 24 May 2023 + show all updates
  1. Information about delays in processing Fuel Duty relief claims of up to 3 months has been added.

  2. The HO81 postal form has been updated to include bank details to claim fuel duty relief.

  3. A new online form service is available.

  4. A new version of the notes to complete Form HO81 have been added to this page.

  5. First published.