Form N323: Apply for a warrant of control to recover money you're owed after a court order

Ask the court to instruct bailiffs to collect money owed by a debtor and identify the debtor's goods that may be sold. Known as a 'warrant of control'.


Request for Warrant of Control

Cais am Warant Rheolaeth

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


You can ask the court to issue a warrant of control if your debtor fails to pay all or part of any instalments due under a judgment or order.

The court can only issue a warrant for sums up to £5,000, unless the claim was made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Find out more about enforcing a judgment and read the guidance on asking for a warrant of control.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 June 2016
Last updated 14 January 2019 + show all updates
  1. Added revised form N323 that includes GDPR information.

  2. First published.