Form N225: Ask for judgment on a claim for a specified amount of money

Claimants can use Form N225, a 'request for judgment', to ask the court to set out repayments a defendant should make to them.


Cais am Ddyfarniad ac ateb i addefiad (swm penodol) / Request for judgment and reply to admission (specified amount)

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this ‘request for judgment’ if any of the following apply:

  • the defendant has not made an admission
  • the defendant has not defended the claim
  • the defendant has admitted the claim

Claimants can also use the form to tell the court:

  • whether they accept any proposals for payment the defendant has made
  • how they would like payment to be made (immediately, in instalments, or at a future date)

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 April 2013