Form FL401: Ask the court to make a non-molestation order or an occupation order

Ask the court to order a named person not to use or threaten violence against you or your child, or to be excluded from the property in which you both live. These orders are types of injunction.


Cais am: orchymyn rhag molestu/gorchymyn anheddu / Application for: a non-molestation order/an occupation order

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


A non-molestation order protects you from someone who has harassed, used or threatened to use violence against you or your children.

An occupation order controls who can live in the family home or enter the surrounding area for the duration order.

You need to be an ‘associated person’ to apply for these orders. Find out who can apply for a non-molestation order and who can apply for an occupation order.

You must also include a witness statement setting out your reasons for applying for the order.

These orders are types of injunction.

Finding Legal Options for Women Survivors (FLOWS) may be able to help you complete the form.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 April 2017