Guidance for fishermen on and health and safety best practice, and applying merchant shipping and fishing vessel regulations.
PDF, 2.44MB, 56 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide outlines safe working practices and emergency procedures for fishermen.
Read it with the guidance for applying the 2 relevant merchant shipping and fishing vessel regulations from 2006:
- Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)
The Fishing Industry Safety Group (FISG) and its sub-groups are made up of representatives from:
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA)
- Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB)
- Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI)
- other associated bodies with an interest in the fishing industry
- the fishing industry
Order a printed copy from MCA distributors EC Group, quoting reference number MCA/034.
Telephone: 0845 603 2431