Financial Sanctions, Burundi
- HM Treasury and Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation
- Part of:
- Financial sanctions: Regime-specific lists and releases
- 2 October 2015
- Last updated:
- 7 October 2015, see all updates
A number of persons who are undermining democracy or are responsible for human rights violations in Burundi are subject to financial sanctions.
PDF, 276KB, 1 page
PDF, 189KB, 4 pages
In October 2015 the European Union adopted Regulation 2015/1755 which imposed a travel ban and asset freeze on persons who are undermining democracy or obstructing the search for a political solution in Burundi, as well as persons responsible for serious violations of human rights in the country.
EU regulations in force
- 01.10.2015 Council Regulation (EU) No 2015/1755 (“the Regulation”) has been passed and imposes financial sanctions against Burundi. An asset freeze now applies to the four people listed in the notice.
Current UK regulations
Published: 2 October 2015
Updated: 7 October 2015
- Current UK regulations added.
- First published.