The Central African Republic is currently subject to financial sanctions. This document provides a current list of designated persons.
PDF, 25.5KB, 2 pages
PDF, 257KB, 3 pages
PDF, 428KB, 6 pages
PDF, 177KB, 4 pages
PDF, 184KB, 4 pages
On 5 December 2013 the United Nations Security Council, concerned at the continuing deterioration of the security situation in the Central African Republic, imposed an arms embargo on the Central African Republic. This was followed on 28 January 2014 by a travel ban and asset freeze in connection with individuals who act to undermine the peace stability and security of CAR or who violate the arms embargo.
Current EU Regulations
30.05.2017 Council Implementing Regulation (EU) No 2017/906 Amending Regulation 224/2014
11.04.2016 Council Regulation (EU) 2016/555 Amends Regulation (EU) 224/2014 to include new designation criteria
24.12.2015 Council Regulation (EU) No 2015/2454, amending Regulation 224/2014
03.03.2015 Council Regulation (EU) No 2015/324 Delisting one individual
Council Regulation (EU) No. 224/2014 implemented the measures in UNSCR 2127 (2013) and 2134 (2014) including the freezing of funds and economic resources of persons designated by the UN Sanctions Committee or the Security Council
Current UK Regulations
Published: 12 March 2014
Updated: 21 June 2017
- Updated with Latest HM Treasury notice, 21/06/2017, Central African Republic (Reg 2017/1090)
- Updated with latest HM Treasury notice 01/06/2017 Central African Republic (Reg 2017/906)
- Updated with latest HM Treasury notice, 25/05/2017 Central African Republic (Reg 2017/890)
- Updated with Latest HM Treasury notice, 18/05/2017 Central African Republic
- Updated HM Treasury notice, 02/09/16 Central African Republic (Reg No 2016/1442)
- Link added to new EU regulation (2016/555)
- new notice added
- reg 2015/2454 added
- The consolidated list has been updated due to semicolon errors found in the last update (03/09/2015).
- 4 additions to the consolidated list: 3 Individuals, 1 Entity.
- New link to EU regulations added
- New notice added
- Updated with latest notice Central African Republic (Reg 1276/2014)
- added notice (Reg 691/2014)
- First published.