Early years foundation stage profile: exemplification materials
- Department for Education and Standards and Testing Agency
- Part of:
- National curriculum assessments: early years foundation stage, Primary school teachers: useful information, Childcare and early education, and Exams, testing and assessment
- 1 August 2013
- Last updated:
- 7 October 2014, see all updates
A series of materials for practitioners assessing children's development at the end of the early years foundation stage (EYFS).
PDF, 1.96MB, 7 pages
PDF, 1.7MB, 7 pages
PDF, 4.55MB, 19 pages
PDF, 3.81MB, 15 pages
PDF, 2.84MB, 13 pages
PDF, 3.32MB, 13 pages
PDF, 2.32MB, 9 pages
PDF, 2.23MB, 11 pages
PDF, 3.34MB, 11 pages
PDF, 3.33MB, 19 pages
PDF, 4.5MB, 13 pages
PDF, 6.53MB, 24 pages
PDF, 3.6MB, 15 pages
PDF, 6.97MB, 19 pages
PDF, 3.64MB, 14 pages
PDF, 5.34MB, 19 pages
PDF, 3.63MB, 18 pages
PDF, 139KB, 2 pages
PDF, 286KB, 2 pages
PDF, 399KB, 2 pages
PDF, 338KB, 2 pages
PDF, 423KB, 2 pages
These materials are split into each of the 17 early learning goals (ELGs) of the early years foundation stage (EYFS) profile. They include a variety of different types of evidence of children’s learning and show how practitioners can gather information that supports their EYFS profile judgements.
Practitioners should use these materials to decide whether a child has met the level of development expected at the end of the EYFS for each ELG or if they have exceeded that level or not yet reached it.
The materials also include a number of ‘learning journeys’ that illustrate how a child might progress through an ELG and how their attainment can be recorded.
The exemplification illustrates a child’s learning and development where it best fits the ‘expected’ category. There is currently no exemplification for the ‘emerging’ or ‘exceeding’ categories.
These exemplification materials are also for:
- moderators who need to assess the accuracy of practitioner judgements
- year 1 teachers who want to use EYFS profile outcomes to plan lessons
- other stakeholders who wish to evaluate children’s learning and development
Published: 1 August 2013
Updated: 7 October 2014
- Early learning goals 3, 9, 10 and 11 have been revised.
- First published.