© Crown copyright 2019
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esfa-update-7-november-2019/esfa-update-local-authorities-7-november-2019
1. Information: pre-election period guidance for schools and academy trusts
We have published a brief guide for schools and academy trusts with information about things to consider in the pre-election period before the general election on 12 December 2019.
2. Reminder: traineeship in-year growth business case window 2019 to 2020 – 16 to 18 mainstream budget only
As previously notified, ESFA will run a business case process for traineeship in-year growth for providers with an ESFA 16 to 18 contract. We cannot accept business cases from providers with a traineeship-only contract.
The window for submitting business cases for 2019 to 2020 will be open from 11 November to 6 December 2019. Please submit all business cases for growth through our online enquiry form, clearly marked as “Traineeship In-year Growth Business Case”.
Business cases must include supporting evidence of employer support for additional starts in-year, together with evidence of student demand. We cannot support business cases without this evidence.
All awards are subject to overall affordability and we expect to inform providers of the outcome in February 2020.
3. Information: early years national funding formula rates and guidance 2020 to 2021
We have also published a step-by-step guide and technical note to explain how the funding rates have been calculated.
You can view the written ministerial statement that announced the funding.
4. Information: 2019 to 2020 Advanced Learner Loans performance management point 2
The first time request form for Advanced Learner Loans is now available on GOV.UK.
Completed request forms must be sent to AllFacility.REQUESTS@education.gov.uk before 5pm on Friday 15 November 2019.
For further information, please refer to the Advanced Learner Loans funding rules 2019 to 2020.
5. Information: 16 to 19 funding arrangements for 2020 to 2021
In September, we said we would update you on the 16 to 19 funding arrangements for academic year 2020 to 2021. This week, we published details on:
- Level 3 programme maths and English premium
- High Value Courses Premium
- Programme Cost Weightings
- Allocations timeline
You said you want to receive information as soon as possible so we’re publishing details as they become available. These pages will replace our annual funding letter and you can expect to hear more when we will confirm:
- 16 to 19 data source tables for academic year 2020 to 2021
- more information on the Teachers’ pension scheme employer contribution grant for further education providers
If you have any questions after reading our guidance, please contact us using our online enquiry form.