How to attract, recruit and retain disabled people.
This guidance will help employers to become more confident when attracting, recruiting and retaining disabled people.
Published: 16 July 2013
Updated: 1 August 2017
- Added a list of Work Choice providers.
- Added the section 'Extra support for small employers'.
- 'Health and work resources for line managers' PDF removed.
- Added information about stammering.
- Added dyspraxia, ADHD and dyscalculia information to chapter 5.5 'Hidden Impairments' to HTML guide.
- Added information about resources from NDCS for young people with a hearing impairment to chapter 5.2.
- Added information about epilepsy to 'Advice on specific conditions'. Section 5.6.
- Added further links to online dyslexia resources to the HTML guidance.
- Added information about the Disability Confident symbol, that is replacing the Two Ticks symbol from July 2016, to show an employer is committed to employing disabled people.
- Added new section about toolkits to the HTML guidance and made other minor corrections.
- Updated the list of health and work resources for line managers.
- Updated guidance with extra information following feedback from employers.
- Useful links to the big I.D.E.A and the Mental Health Foundation added.
- Added section relating to the Disability Confident campaign, and a link to a new page for downloading campaign materials.
- First published.