Research and analysis
Economic Benefit of Improving the UK's Nuclear Supply Chain Capabilities
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills and Department of Energy & Climate Change
- Part of:
- Nuclear Industrial Strategy, Industrial strategy: government and industry in partnership, Energy industry and infrastructure licensing and regulation, Radioactive and nuclear substances and waste, UK energy security, Industrial strategy, and Low carbon technologies
- First published:
- 26 March 2013
Analysis by Oxford Economics on opportunities in the nuclear sector, and the potential to expand UK industry market share.
Ref: BIS/13/633 PDF, 1.63MB, 122 pages
The economic benefit of the improving the UK's nuclear supply chain capabilities: data underlying charts and tables
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 4.09MB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Quantifies the potential economic impacts associated with developing the capabilities of the UK’s nuclear supply chain, based upon direct industry consultation. It:
- reviews current UK’s supply chain capabilities (defined as any work that can be undertaken within the UK)
- provides international case studies
- assesses a range of potential levels of domestic content within new nuclear projects in UK
- analyses scenarios where UK economic activity is increased above the baseline
- provides a cost-benefit analysis of policies contained in the Nuclear Supply Chain Action Plan
See also the Nuclear Industrial Strategy.
Published: 26 March 2013
Part of: Nuclear Industrial Strategy Industrial strategy: government and industry in partnership Energy industry and infrastructure licensing and regulation Radioactive and nuclear substances and waste UK energy security Industrial strategy Low carbon technologies