- Standards and Testing Agency
- Part of:
- National curriculum assessments: early years foundation stage and Exams, testing and assessment
- 7 October 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 December 2016, see all updates
This handbook supports practitioners in making accurate judgements about each child's attainment.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-78644-538-4 , STA/16/7838/e PDF, 624KB, 50 pages
MS Word Document, 35.4KB
MS Word Document, 40.5KB
The early years foundation stage profile is statutory for the 2016 to 2017 academic year.
Local authorities, early years education providers and education professionals with responsibility for assessing, reporting or moderating the early years foundation stage (EYFS) profile should use this handbook.
It gives guidance to help you complete and moderate EYFS profile judgements so that outcomes are accurate and consistent across all early years settings.
It should be used alongside the EYFS Assessment and reporting arrangements.
Published: 7 October 2014
Updated: 6 December 2016
- ‘Essential requirements and effective practice for local authorities’ updated on pages 3 and 6.
- Updated with 2017 EYFS profile handbook and guidance document for local authorities.
- Text added to inform that EYFS is statutory for 2016 to 2017.
- This page now includes moderation visit template and role specification for LAs.
- This guidance has been updated for the 2015 to 2016 test cycle.
- First published.