© Crown copyright 2018
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-business-sustainability-guides-for-providers/selecting-an-early-years-business-and-finance-support-supplier
About the suppliers in the business and finance support directory
Our supplier directory lists some of organisations that supply business and finance support to early years providers. Please note that it isn’t a complete list.
Any supplier that registers for the directory must declare that the information they have provided is accurate. We don’t make any additional checks on the suppliers, nor do we endorse or approve them.
When using the directory, it is up to you to make sure that:
- the services that suppliers offer match your individual needs
- you’re satisfied with the quality of the services that suppliers offer before entering into any contracts with them
If you have any problems with a supplier, you should resolve directly with them and follow any complaints procedures set out in the contract.
If you believe a supplier is unfit to provide services to other early years providers, please contact us at EYSustainability.Support@education.gov.uk. We’ll then consider whether to remove this supplier from the directory.
Business and finance support: what to consider
When you’re deciding which supplier is right for your organisation, you may want to consider:
- whether the supplier has experience in working with early years providers
- which person or team will provide the service and whether you can meet them before committing to a contract
- how well the supplier knows the early years market and its current challenges and opportunities
- what form the supplier’s support will take, how long it will take and what the full cost will be - and how well this will suit your needs
- what you can afford and what different suppliers can offer for your budget. If a supplier is quoting a higher price than others, can they show that their service is more comprehensive or of a higher quality?
- what information the supplier will ask you to share with them and whether they will commit to a data sharing and/or a confidentiality agreement. Are their policies about data ownership right for you?
- whether the supplier offers any follow-up guidance or support as part of the price and whether there are any limits to this