Sustainable door-to-door journeys strategy.
Door to door strategy describes the governments vision for integrated sustainable journeys. It sets out what we want from transport providers and what we are doing across the department to support door-to-door journeys.
The strategy focuses on 4 core areas which need to be addressed so that people can be confident in choosing greener modes of transport:
- accurate, accessible and reliable information about different transport options for their journey
- convenient and affordable tickets, for an entire journey
- regular and straightforward connections at all stages of the journey and between different modes of transport
- safe and comfortable transport facilities
- Door to door action plan released 31 December 2013
- More people choosing greener journey press notice, 31 December 2013
- Door to door strategy and multi-operator ticket guidance written statement by the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport, 14 March 2013
- Cleaner, greener transport, door to door press notice, 14 March 2013