Guidance about discharges of registered and noted charges, aimed at conveyancers (practice guide 31).
This guide deals with discharges of registered and noted charges and withdrawals of notices of deposit of land and charge certificates. It is aimed at conveyancers and you should interpret references to ‘you’ accordingly.
How to avoid HM Land Registry requisitions
Watch this video about discharges.
This is part of a series of videos on how to avoid requisitions.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 13 October 2003
Updated: 4 December 2017
- Section 8 has been amended. Where a charge is released as part independent of a transfer of part a note will normally be added to any restriction in favour of the charge that the restriction does not affect the part released.
- Video about How to avoid Land Registry requisitions: Discharges added.
- Section 3.2.2 has been amended to reflect that MR04 is now the correct Companies House form to be used for a declaration of satisfaction of a floating charge.
- Sections 6.6 and 7.7 have been amended to give guidance on using the application enquiry service in Land Registry’s portal.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- First published.