Development appraisal tool
The development appraisal tool reviews the viability of an individual development site.
The development appraisal tool is intended for use on small and medium to medium/large size schemes with a development period of up to 15 years.
The tool can be used to:
- analyse whether the level of required planning obligations is viable
- help local authorities consider the balance between affordable housing and other planning obligations
- assess the case for financial support from the Homes and Communities Agency under the Affordable Homes Programme
- assess the potential land value where a local authority is considering a disposal
- bid for development of public land under the agency’s Development Partner Panel 2 process
A bid comparator is available to help compare a number of submissions and their assumptions.
Version 4.02 of the model has 5 phases for all tenures and infrastructure, to enable modeling of longer term schemes.
Excel 2003 users with all service packs installed can open the Excel 2010 version 4 file and ‘Save as’ an Excel 97-2003 .xls file.
Published: 13 November 2014
Updated: 5 November 2015
- Updated with version 4.04
- DAT version 4.03 uploaded (maintenance release)
- Version 4.02 released.
- Security update version - December 2014
- First published.