Development appraisal tool
The development appraisal tool reviews the viability of an individual development site.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The development appraisal tool is intended for use on small and medium to medium/large size schemes with a development period of up to 15 years.
The tool can be used to:
- analyse whether the level of required planning obligations is viable
- help local authorities consider the balance between affordable housing and other planning obligations
- assess the case for financial support from the Homes and Communities Agency under the Affordable Homes Programme
- assess the potential land value where a local authority is considering a disposal
- bid for development of public land under the agency’s Development Partner Panel 2 process
A bid comparator is available to help compare a number of submissions and their assumptions.
Version 4.02 of the model has 5 phases for all tenures and infrastructure, to enable modeling of longer term schemes.
Excel 2003 users with all service packs installed can open the Excel 2010 version 4 file and ‘Save as’ an Excel 97-2003 .xls file.
Published: 13 November 2014
Updated: 5 November 2015
- Updated with version 4.04
- DAT version 4.03 uploaded (maintenance release)
- Version 4.02 released.
- Security update version - December 2014
- First published.