These resources are about people who have died with a neurological condition recorded on their death certificate in England during the period of 2001 to 2014.
They are written for those commissioning or providing end of life care to help them make sure local services meet the needs of people dying with neurological conditions.
- the numbers and rates of deaths associated with neurological conditions and their recent trends
- the demographic characteristics of people dying with neurological conditions
- the underlying cause of death and association with the broad disease groups
- the place of death
Detailed analysis has been provided for 7 of the condition groups previously defined by the neurology intelligence network:
- motor neurone disease and spinal muscular atrophy
- multiple sclerosis and inflammatory disorders
- neuromuscular diseases
- parkinsonism and other extrapyramidal disorders/tic disorders
- traumatic brain and spine injury
- tumours of the nervous system