Integration offers important potential benefits including:
- better outcomes for people who use services
- more efficient use of existing resources
- improved access to health, social care and support services.
The paper identifies 3 steps for workforce leaders to promote integration from a workforce perspective:
- be clear about the local integration agenda, including the various routes to integration
- address the integrated workforce management challenge to ensure the right people with the right skills and behaviour are in place to deliver integrated services around individuals’ needs.
- implement successful workforce change by addressing a range of operational and strategic questions by taking an inclusive approach.