Council Tax appeals: authority to act form

Use this form when representing someone who wishes to challenge their Council Tax band.


Authority to Act form

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


This form must be submitted to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) when representing another person who feels their Council Tax band may be wrong.

You can find out more information on Council Tax appeals on behalf of a Council Tax payer.

Published 22 January 2016