Details of information held by HM Land Registry and how to get hold of it. Mainly for conveyancers (practice guide 35).
This guide gives details of the information held by HM Land Registry and how you may obtain it. It is aimed at conveyancers and other legal advisers and you should interpret references to ‘you’ accordingly. HM Land Registry staff will also refer to it.
We only provide factual information and impartial advice about our procedures. Read more about the advice we give.
Published: 13 October 2003
Updated: 6 April 2017
- This guide has been updated to take account of changes made by the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016, as amended by the Insolvency (England and Wales) (Amendment) Rules 2017.
- Section 2.6 has been added to clarify that where joint liquidators are appointed, the appointment must state whether they can act jointly or jointly and severally. This is not a change in practice but a requirement of section 231(2) of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- A minor amendment has been made to section 7.1. This incorrectly referred to a company dissolved before 1 October 2006; it has been corrected to a company dissolved before 1 October 2009. Section 7.7.2 has been added relating to restrictions on freehold titles in favour of a named management company which has been dissolved.
- Section 6.1 has been amended. From 10 October 2015 a company which has been wound up voluntarily is deemed to be dissolved after two months rather than three.
- Link to the advice we offer added.
- Welsh translation added.
- First published.