- Companies House
- Part of:
- Companies House: guidance for limited companies, partnerships and other company types
- First published:
- 20 June 2016
- Last updated:
- 21 November 2016, see all updates
This guide tells you about the confirmation statement that has replaced the annual return.
This guide is for directors, secretaries and persons acting as advisers to UK registered companies. It covers the rules governing filing of confirmation statements and related information, such as the details of a company’s person of significant control (PSC), for UK registered companies.
The guide covers:
- the confirmation statement
- share capital
- company registers
- legacy filings: annual return
Published: 20 June 2016
Updated: 21 November 2016
- Share capital section: full statement of capital needs to be included with first confirmation statement.
- Chapter 4, subsection 4.1 text replaced with: "If your company has share capital, you must deliver a statement of capital to us at the same time as the confirmation statement. But you only have to do this if there have been changes to the matters included in your statement of capital since the last statement of capital was delivered to the registrar, if there have not been any changes, a statement of capital does not need to be included with the confirmation statement."
- Link to company register guidance added in section 5: company registers
- Welsh translation added
- First published.