Complaints about Ofsted
Raising concerns and making a complaint about Ofsted.
PDF, 323KB, 9 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This policy applies to the handling of complaints about Ofsted’s work, including the inspection and regulation of:
- providers registered on the Early Years and Childcare Registers
- children’s centres
- social care services for children
- children’s homes
- family centres
- adoption and fostering services and agencies
- the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (Cafcass)
- children’s services in local authorities
- maintained schools including academies
- independent schools
- initial teacher training
- further education colleges and provision for students aged 14 to 19
- work-based learning and funded training
- education and training in prisons and other secure establishments, and adult and community learning
Published: 1 April 2013
Updated: 7 April 2017
- Updated document to clarify policy on complaints handling.
- Para 19 added to clarify that Ofsted will not investigate complaints while an appeal to the Tribunal is ongoing.
- Updated policy published
- First published.