Community Investment Tax Relief (CITR): accreditation of Community Development Finance Institutions
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Personal tax reform and Business enterprise
- First published:
- 24 April 2013
- Last updated:
- 18 April 2016, see all updates
Guidance for bodies seeking accreditation under the Community Investment Tax Relief (CITR) scheme.
Community Investment Tax Relief (CITR): material concerning the accreditation of Community Development Finance Institutions
Ref: BIS/13/746 PDF, 563KB, 36 pages
The scheme encourages investment in disadvantaged communities by giving tax relief to investors who back businesses and other enterprises in disadvantaged areas through investing in accredited CDFIs. See also the HM Revenue & Customs Brief Guide for Investors if you are interested in making an investment.
We also provide a list of CITR accredited Community Development Finance Institutions.
Published: 24 April 2013
Updated: 18 April 2016
- List of accredited CITR updated
- Added a list of current Community Investment Tax Relief (CITR) accredited Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFIs).
- First published.