Community Amateur Sports Clubs: detailed guidance notes
Guidance about how the Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) scheme works and information about reliefs you might be able to benefit from.
The CASC scheme was introduced in April 2002. It has enabled many local amateur sports clubs to register with HM Revenue and Customs and benefit from a range of tax reliefs.
This information gives CASCs access to the most up to date information available about their tax obligations and any reliefs available to them.
Published: 27 March 2015
Updated: 15 June 2016
- Annex 1 updated with more information on VAT.
- New section 2.3.9, Clubs having honorary or free life memberships has been added to this page.
- Paragraph 6.2 and 6.3 added to Annex 2.
- Chapter 6 - Temporary guidance following the changes to the CASC eligibility rules on 1 April 2015.
- Chapter 2.26 updated to explain how HM Revenue and Customs decides the date that it recognises a Sports Club as a Community Amateur Sports Club.
- The guidance has been updated to incorporate changes to the CASC rules from 1 April 2015.
- First published.