Use online form or postal form CASC (A1) to register your club as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC).
Ref: CASC(A1) PDF, 137KB, 1 page
To register your club as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) you can:
- use the online service (you’ll need to sign in to or set up your tax account)
- fill in form on screen, print and post to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
The authorised official for the club must fill in this form. You’ll need to give HMRC extra information to support your application.
If you apply online
Fill in and submit the form online (you’ll need to log into your tax account) and post any additional information to the address shown under ‘If you apply by post’.
You’ll get a unique reference number when you submit the form online. Include this number with any extra information you send by post.
You can track the progress of the form online using the same reference number.
If you apply by post
Fill in the form on screen, print it off and send it to us along with any extra information.
If you post the form you can’t track its progress online.
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so you should have all the information you’ll need with you before you start to fill it in.
Post your application and supporting information to:
Charities, Savings and International 2
HM Revenue and Customs
Before you start
This form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader to complete it. Downloading Adobe Reader is free. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
HM Revenue and Customs are creating new versions of their forms that don’t depend on Adobe Reader. Whilst this work is in progress the following methods can be used to ensure the form will download or open in Adobe Reader:
- whatever browser you are using, review your settings to make Adobe Reader the default program for opening PDF documents
- Windows users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’
- Mac users should right click on the form link then select “Save linked file as”
- save the form - the recommended place is in the documents folder
- using Adobe Reader you can open the form
If the form still doesn’t open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
Related forms and guidance
Register as a community amateur sports club (CASC)
Guidance on whether your sports club is eligible and how to register.
Published: 4 April 2014
Updated: 18 March 2016
- An online service is now available.
- Guidance on how to complete form CASC(A1) Community Amateur Sports Club Registration has been added to the page and the return address has been updated on the CASC(A1) form.
- First published.