Common land guidance sheet 2b: Works on Town and Village Greens
Special consent provisions: town and village greens, commons in London Boroughs, schemes of management and greater London Parks.
PDF, 182KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance sheet contains information on:
- what if the land is registered as a town or village green, rather than a common
- what if the common is regulated by a Scheme of Management made under the Commons Act 1899
- how do I know if I need Secretary of State consent for works on a scheme common
- what is the situation for works on scheme commons that are not “restricted” under the section 38(2) definition
- does the list of works and processes set out in Guidance Sheet 1b apply to scheme commons
- some works are exempt by order from the section 38 consent process. Do these exemptions apply where the common is subject to a Scheme of Management
- is it possible to make a new Scheme of Management
- what if the common is controlled and managed by a London borough council
- how does a London local authority apply under article 12 of the Greater London Parks and Open Spaces Order 1967, and what process is involved
- how does a London local authority apply under article 17 of the Greater London Parks and Open Spaces Order 1967, and what process is involved