Common land guidance sheet 12: enforcement against unlawful works
Enforcement against unlawful works on common land, including enforcement powers, mediation and action by commoners.
PDF, 153KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance sheet contains information on:
- enforcement powers and unlawful works, including:
- controls over works on common land
- what power of enforcement is there
- when did this power come into effect
- how do I know what works are allowed on common land
- who decides whether works are unlawful under section 38
- does the enforcement power only apply to cases where consent is needed under section 38
- what can I do if I think that works have been constructed unlawfully
- what is the process for taking court action
- others who might take action
- do I have to do all this myself or is there someone who can help me
- action by commoners
- what can commoners do to protect their rights