Use form C&E1179CDS to claim repayment or remission of customs charges on goods which:
- do not meet the conditions of their contract
- are defective
- are damaged before customs clearance
Make sure you attach any supporting documents to the form, such as:
- a copy of the import invoice
- documentary proof of entitlement
- a calculation worksheet if you’re claiming a proportion of the charges paid
You must make sure your claim reaches the National Duty Repayments Centre 48 hours before disposal of the goods.
Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg.
Refunds and waivers on customs debt
Find out about repayment and remission of customs duties under the Union Customs Code (UCC), and how to apply.