Verify your child for childcare services

Use form CVF1 to verify your child for the childcare service.


Verify your child


To verify your child you’ll need your National Insurance number. If you’ve never had a National Insurance number before you should contact one of the following:

  • if you’re a UK citizen contact the National Insurance Registrations Helpline on telephone: 0300 200 3502
  • if you’re not a UK citizen contact Jobcentre Plus on telephone: 0845 600 0643

Read Apply for a National Insurance number for further information.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Documents you need to send

You’ll need to send the following documents with this form:

  • the birth certificate or adoption certificate for any child born in the UK
  • the child’s birth certificate and passport or travel documents used to enter the UK, if born elsewhere

Do not send photocopies.

Before you start

If you’re using an older browser, for example Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.

Published 1 February 2017
Last updated 21 May 2018 + show all updates
  1. Update to documents you need to send to verify children born in the UK or elsewhere.
  2. First published.