Use the online forms service or the postal form if your organisation is already registered and you need to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about significant changes to your organisation.
If your organisation is recognised as a charity by HMRC but you need to tell us about significant changes to your organisation, you can either:
- use the online service form (you’ll need to log in to your tax account)
- fill in the postal form on-screen, print and post to HM Revenue and Customs
You can’t use the online form if any of the individuals you’ve named on it don’t have a National Insurance number. Instead, you must use the postal version of the form and explain the circumstances in the form’s ‘notes’ space.
Significant changes could be to:
- contact details
- authorised officials
- bank account details.
Before you start
The postal form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader to complete it. Downloading Adobe Reader is free. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
HMRC are creating new versions of their forms that don’t depend on Adobe Reader. Whilst this work is in progress the following methods can be used to ensure the postal form will download or open in Adobe Reader:
- whatever browser you are using, review your settings to make Adobe Reader the default program for opening PDF documents
- Windows users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’
- Mac users should right click on the form link then select “Save linked file as”
- save the form - the recommended place is in the documents folder
- using Adobe Reader you can open the form
If the postal form still doesn’t open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
Related forms and guidance
Charities and tax
Guidance about tax reliefs for charities, when tax has to be paid and when you can claim tax back.