Setting up and running a charity – form

Charities: change of details form (ChV1)

Use form ChV1 if your organisation is already registered and you need to tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about significant changes to your organisation.


Simple guide on how to complete Form ChV1

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request a different format.

If you use assistive technology and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Complete this form if your organisation is already registered with HMRC but you need to tell us about significant changes. For example these might be a change of contact details, authorised officials, nominees or bank account details.

Get the right software

This form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader to compete it. Downloading Adobe Reader is free. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.

Charities and tax
Guidance about tax reliefs for charities, when tax has to be paid and when you can claim tax back.