This guidance is applicable to 30 June 2020 and will be reviewed before 1 July 2020.
This guidance is for:
- families and parent carer forums
SEND Information, Advice and Support Services
- local authorities (both their SEND and social care services, at a strategic and operational level)
- health commissioning bodies such as Clinical Commissioning Groups (at both strategic and operational level)
- early years providers
- schools and colleges
- other education settings
- mediation advisers
- others who contribute advice and information to EHC needs assessments, such as:
- educational psychologists
- other health care professionals
It should be read alongside the special education needs and disability (SEND) code of practice: 0 to 25 years.
The code of practice does not reflect the temporary changes to the law described in this guidance.
We have also published related guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) for local authorities, schools and other educational settings which you may find useful.