Care Act statutory guidance
Statutory guidance to support implementation of part 1 of the Care Act 2014 by local authorities.
The edition published on 10 March 2016 supersedes the version issued in October 2014. It takes account of regulatory changes, feedback from stakeholders and the care sector, and developments following the postponement of social care funding reforms to 2020.
Published: 10 March 2016
Updated: 28 June 2017
- Additions to the list of capital assets and other income that must be disregarded - see Annex B para 33 and Annex C para 29.
- Updated to reflect changes in the law on charging armed forces veterans for care and support from 10 April 2017.
- Update to chapter 19 to reflect the department's position on the determination of questions of ordinary residence following the case of Cornwall Council v Secretary of State for Health.
- Update to paragraph 18.5 to make clearer how s75 of the 2006 Act and the Care Act work together.
- Updated with amendments to Chapter 9: Deferred payment agreements (paragraph 9.67)
- Updates to the Care Act Statutory guidance
- First published.
From: Department of Health