A return on investment tool synthesises evidence on the effectiveness and associated costs for interventions aimed at preventing cardiovascular disease (CVD) in individuals with associated risk factors. Use the CVD Return On Investment tool
The web-based tool allows the user to answer the following questions:
- what happens when I improve detection or management of key CVD risk factors?
- what happens when I improve usage of the key interventions for people at risk of CVD?
The tool is supported by:
- an accompanying report detailing how the tool was constructed as well as the results of exemplar analyses (which simulate scaling up interventions to 100% of the eligible populations)
- a user guide showing the user how to run their own scenarios through the model
- a database of interventions providing an Excel summary of key evidence used in the tool.
- a technical appendix which details the methodology behind the tool