Guidance on how we plan to deal with the risk of double funding between greening under CAP Reform and Environmental Stewardship agreements.
PDF, 148KB, 12 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 4.8MB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document provides the latest information on the ‘greening double funding’ rules and adds to the information provided in CAP Reform: greening - work out what it means for you which was sent to all CAP customers on 9 June 2014.
September 2014 updates
The updated version provides:
- further guidance on how Entry Level Stewardship/Organic Entry Level Stewardship/Upland Entry Level Stewardship agreements starting on 1 January 2012 or later may be exempt from double funding payment reductions, including where no Basic Payment Scheme claim is made on agreement land
- further guidance on using Entry Level Stewardship/Organic Entry Level Stewardship options to meet Ecological Focus Area requirements
- a contact for feedback or if you have problems
The October version updates Questions 6, 7 and 8 to take account of further clarification of the Commission guidance on double funding.
We have also published a payment calculator to help you work out your future payments. This calculator should work with most versions of Microsoft Excel (it’s in Excel 97-2003 format). You should save the file to your own computer before starting to use it. If you have any questions or issues when using this calculator, please email the Natural England Enquiries Team firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your agreement reference, contact phone number and the nature of your query.
Who’s this for?
This information is aimed at farmers and other land managers with Environmental Stewardship agreements which start on 1 January 2012 or later, to help work out:
- whether their payments have to be reduced to avoid ‘double funding’
- if so, the choices that are available
The document will also be of interest to agents and farm advisers.
Published: 10 June 2014
Updated: 8 October 2014
- Answers to questions 6, 7 and 8 updated to take account of further clarification of the Commission guidance on double funding.
- Answers to questions 7 and 8 updated to take account of further clarification of the Commission guidance on double funding.
- Updated version of document published, and calculator tool (Excel file) added
- Minor correction to document - one reference to 2015 at the bottom of page 1 should read 2014.
- First published.