Cambridge English: Undertaking: July 2016
Cambridge English will take specific actions to ensure ongoing compliance with Ofqual’s Conditions.
|Awarding Organisation||Issue||Action taken||Case Status|
|Cambridge English Language Assessment (Cambridge English)||Incorrect issue of certificates||Undertaking accepted||Closed 7 August 2016|
On 21 July 2016, Cambridge English gave Ofqual an undertaking which sets out the steps it will take to secure compliance with our ‘General Conditions of Recognition’, specifically:
- B3.1 – Notification where an event could have an Adverse Effect
- A7.1(a) – Management of incidents
- H6.1(d) – Issuing results
- I4.1 - Issuing certificates and replacement certificates
Cambridge English have undertaken to carry out a number of actions, including:
- Issuing replacement certificates to 5 learners issued with an incorrect certificate
- Providing refresher training to staff
- Reviewing its approach to Condition A5.1(a), A5.1(b), A5.2(d), A5.2(e) – Availability of adequate resources and arrangements.
In line with general condition B8, Cambridge English must now take all the steps identified in the undertaking. We may take further action if Cambridge English doesn’t follow through on its commitments.