The responsibilities of each party and the roles they have in the called-in planning applications process.
PDF, 600KB, 53 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide includes details about:
- responsibilities of the applicant, the local planning authority and other parties
- what will the Inspector do and what will be taken into account?
- what is the timetable for an application and what are the rules?
- what are the procedures?
- can new material be introduced during the application process?
- where will the decision be published
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 23 March 2016
- On 23 March 2016 the Planning Inspectorate published revised versions of its four procedural guides on Planning Appeals, Called-in Planning Applications, Enforcement Notice Appeals and Lawful Development Certificate Appeals. Each document highlights important changes.
- First published.