Epidemiology report for England
This report provides detailed analysis and interpretation of the bovine TB epidemic in England in the light of control measures and policy (i.e. the strategy for achieving Officially Bovine Tuberculosis free status for England).
It explains the England control strategy with chapters on:
- the level of TB in England and changes over time
- the characteristics of infected herds
- the effectiveness of surveillance
- the impact of TB and of the control measures
- the detailed epidemiology of disease in the high risk area
- summaries of the epidemiology of the disease in the low risk and edge areas
Explanatory supplement to the reports
This has been published to support the GB surveillance data report and the epidemiology report for England.
It explains where the data comes from, methodology used, definitions and control protocols for TB.
The text is taken from the explanatory text published in reports from previous years and is published as a separate reference document to reduce the length of the data and epidemiology.